Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Knives

What was the first thing I need in my tackle box that I just knew probably would not be where I left it? Yes a pocket knife. You get half way out in the lake in your boat and say oh did I check to see if my knife was in the box. I use my pocket knife for a lot of things then I miss place it just at the time I need it. Fishing string tangles then you have to change it when the biggest fish you have seen all day just swam away. I try to keep more than one folding pocket knife around even a Swiss army knife comes in handy when you are on the water all day. My folding pocket knife is part of everything I use fishing all the time. Never leave home without it.

My tactical knife is to hard to handle when you just need to cut small string or a lure off the line to change over. My tactical knife is used for survival. I guess you are asking what in the world would you need a tactical knife for on the lake. A tactical knife is for survival in the jungle. Well sometimes it is a jungle when you get tangled up on the bank of the river and you have to get out of the boat the brush and trees are thick. No I am not getting my line out of the tree. But there comes a time if you stay on the river to long you have to go to the bank if you know what I mean and there can be snakes found in the brush so your survival knife or tactical knife comes in handy.

A fixed blade knife or daggers sometimes called boot knives or for hunting the only thing about fixed blade knives is you need to have a good pouch or holder for these knives and you want to order or buy fixed blade knives that are not cheap. If I am going to gut a deer my Buck Master or Smith and Wesson fixed blade knife works just fine. So what ever you need a knife for whether fishing or hunting make sure you pick the right knife for the right job. The right blade for the right cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment